Thursday, November 20, 2008

Buddhism and Gay Marriage


From the Level 8 Buddhist Blog:

With the recent controversy in California over gay marriage, I thought I would explore the subject. I usually stay out of politics because I don’t want to get my head chopped off, but the comic above really expresses my sentiment (and I am a huge fan of Sinfest anyways). I can’t quite understand why we make a bold and progressive decision to elect Obama as President (and I am thankful we did), but many in California who voted for him voted against gay marriage citing “religious reasons”. This post is to explore the subject of gay marriage from the Buddhist perspective.

Read the entire article HERE

Also the Buddhist Churches of America newsletter has an article about Rev. Briones, a Jodo Shinshu Mexican American Minister who wrote about his experience officiating the wedding of George Takei (Mr. Sulu from Star Trek).

See it the article entitled EQUALITY FOR ALL HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lawrence,

That picture was perfect. Would you mind if I added that to the post cited (with a good mention of course).

Also, very nice to meet you. :)

Ven. Lawrence Dō'an Grecco said...

Sure you may use the photo--nice to meet you too-